Looking For 4 Wheel Alignment In Bletchley?
Ensuring that your wheels are aligned plays a crucial role in maintaining the performance and efficiency of your vehicle.
Wheels can become unaligned over time, with the result of poor fuel economy and increased resistance when driving, which causes handling difficulties and worsening vehicle stability.
More seriously, this can also lead to worn suspension which can even affect the safety of your vehicle.
Your wheel alignment should be checked every 2-3 years at a minimum, however, it is recommended that for optimal driving efficiency and road safety, you should have your wheel alignment checked once a year or every 12,000-15,000 miles.
Our Team Offer The Best 4 Wheel Alignment Services In Bletchley
Our professionals will check that your wheels are accurately aligned with the road surface and other wheels on the car, promoting better handling, stability and fuel economy, and reducing tire wear to guarantee a safer and smoother drive.
Contact us today to get started!
Diagnosing Poor Wheel Alignment
If you’re unsure whether your wheels need realigning, contact us and our friendly team will be happy to provide advice or arrange a vehicle check-up. Otherwise, here are a few symptoms you may have already noticed:
- Uneven tyre wear or ‘feathering’
- Vibrating steering wheel
- Steering wheel isn’t straight
- Drag or pull to one side
- Strained drive when going around corners
- Squeaky tires
There are 4 simple questions that you may be asked when taking your car for a realignment. These questions will help to further diagnose the issue and pinpoint any causes for concern:
- When did you first notice the problem(s)? Has this been a gradual deterioration? Or has it occurred as a result of an event such as a crash or bumping the curb?
- How often does it happen? Have you noticed a pattern?
- When was the last time you had an air refill or rotated the tyres? Tyres which are not regularly rotated may be prone to premature wearing.
- Have the tyres or other steering and suspension parts ever been replaced?
Our 4-Wheel alignment service also corrects any issues with toe alignment.
‘Toe alignment’ refers to the position of your wheels against your car’s centre line. If your wheels are facing outwards, this is referred to as ‘toe-out’ or ‘positive camber’. If your wheels are facing inwards, this is known as ‘toe in’ or ‘negative camber’. Your wheels should be in a neutral position for optimal performance and stability.
If your wheels are toe-in, you may have noticed wear on the centre of your tyres, accompanied by difficulty turning tight corners and poor stability at high speeds as a result of the wrong thrust angle.
If your wheels are toe-out, on the other hand, you may observe wear on the inside of your tires, causing issues with braking and understeering.
While many four-wheel drives have systems equipped to manage the effects of toe-out, they still require regular 4-wheel alignment. Four-wheel drives are equally as likely to have alignment issues with the front tyres as the rear, and as such, a 4-wheel alignment service is necessary to ensure that all tyres are properly aligned.
Camber And Caster Explained
A delicate balance between toe, camber and caster is necessary for your vehicle to run at optimal efficiency. As explained above, the camber is a descriptor of the position of your car’s toe. Most cars have a slight negative camber, but for some models, a positive camber is required.
The caster is a measurement of the lower pivot position in relation to the upper pivot position, which is the angle of the steering axis. This angle affects the stability of steering when driving in a straight line.
Older cars affected by a positive caster may have heavier steering, or difficulties steering. Modern cars are equipped with power steering which helps to minimise the effects of this issue, however, they will still encounter issues with braking, tyre wear, response time and road stability if the caster is misaligned.
Regular wheel alignment servicing ensures that your camber and caster are aligned as per your car’s specifications, helping to keep it in top condition and improving the safety and stability of your vehicle.
The Benefits Of 4-Wheel Alignment
- Four Wheel Diagnosis And Alignment – Our experienced professionals can accurately diagnose and treat issues with the camber and caster of your vehicle, giving you a smoother, more enjoyable drive and reducing stress on your vehicle.
- Reduced Tyre Wear – Standard wheel alignments cover only the front or rear wheel axle, making it more likely that your vehicle will experience misalignments on the untreated axle. Nearly two-thirds of vehicles (58%) are misaligned on the rear axle as a result of incomplete alignments.
- Reduced Fuel Consumption – Misaligned tyres cause your car to use more fuel due to pressure on the steering mechanisms. Regularly checking your 4-wheel alignment can help you to save money on fuel, prolong your tyres and reduce environmental impact.
- Safer Driving – Investing in a 4-Wheel alignment service improves the overall performance of your car, ensuring efficient handling and greater stability on the roads.
Contact us for top-quality 4 wheel alignment services in Bletchley!